The class is designed to integrate full body movement and plyometric principles in both general and specific martial art related movement sets.
There are both aerobic and physical skill sets, with skill of necessity coming before high intensity training.
Equipment consists of various size and weight medicine balls, basic sticks and, on occasion, wooden swords.
By the end of the semester, students will have acquired experience and skill as follows:
- Knowledge and application of safety principles and non-injurious training
- A general warm up and stretch routine
- A basic repertoire of medicine ball movements
- A basic repertoire of martial art stick movements
- Ability to create a personal routine based on parameters of high quality training (“FIDQ”)
- Tao Te Ching – Lao Tsu, available in many web based sites and publications.
- The Art of War – Sun Tsu