Aikido II is a continuation of the skills and techniques developed in Aikido I. Practice of martial arts such as Aikido may be viewed as similar to learning music or another language – ongoing throughout one’s life.
By the end of the class students will have advanced knowledge, experience and/or ability in one or more of the following areas:
- Classroom and martial art safety, martial art history and philosophy
- Basic and advanced falling and rolling
- Stretching and breathing techniques
- Paired coordination exercises
- Advanced Jo (54″ stick) and Bokken (wooden sword) exercises
- Paired Aikido techniques to vary by semester.
In addition to the recommended listings in Aikido I: